Sunday, September 12, 2010

Got some cash!

Imagine this. You are waiting for the train/bus. A guy comes to you and asks for 10 bucks, which he needs to buy a ticket to get home. Sounds familiar? I am sure all of you would have experienced this it at some point of time.

I thought this happened only in India until I met a gentleman here. He started with the same story that he needs some money to buy a ticket home. I was shocked. I never expected this to happen in America. And this happened not once but twice. The second time it was an Indian guy who needed the money and he started smiling mid way of the conversation.

I really don’t know what to do in such situations. I feel very uncomfortable. Our typical reaction is to walk away from the scene making both feel sheepish and with a bad taste. What would you do?

No comments: