Friday, July 11, 2008

All my bags are packed m ready to go…

Today is a very special day. Today is the day; when I will be reminded by someone that I am an “Indian”. Today is the day, when I embark upon a journey which I’ll remember in the years to come. Today is the day, I fly to Singapore.

Needless to say, I am very excited. This trip was jinxed to begin with. There were a lot of if and buts. After much deliberation the management has finally decided to send us.

I love traveling…something that I look forward to do on a continuous basis. One of my annual resolutions was to cull out some time every year and visit a place that I have never been to before. I feel I have wasted a few years of life when there is so much to see around the world. Of course…When I made that resolution…I never had Singapore in mind. So I got more than what I wanted and that too at company’s cost. :-) Traveling becomes much more fun when you have like minded people. I am not exactly the kind of person who likes to sit in the hotel and hang out. That for me is not enjoyment. I would rather be outside exploring nature and things at its best.

So Singapore..Here I come!!!

(The title of the post is the lyrics of the song “Leaving on a jet plane” from the movie Armageddon.)

No comments: