Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Year 2008

I am back…Have not been very active in this space for sometime now…Want to change that very quickly… Lot of things happening in my life…was trying to get the focus back to put down my thoughts...This will probably go down as my last post for 2008.

2008…what a year this has been!! It was very eventful not only for me, but for the world at large…like the stock market crash or the retirement of Kumble, ganguly from international cricket or the 26/11 terror attacks. It was the year of many firsts… I came to Bangalore for the first time this year…I took up blogging for the first time…I stepped on a foreign soil for the first time...etc. The year started on a very subdued note…with me trying to get my priorities right. But then I moved to Bangalore…and there was no looking back after that.

The year has been very satisfying for me both on a personal as well as professional level. I am very happy about my decision on moving to Bangalore. I love my work and have tasted a bit of success in terms of positive feedbacks from different people. The thing which stands out on a professional level in 2008 would be the trip to Singapore. I had an amazing time there.

On a personal level, the birth of my niece would perhaps be the high point of 2008. Apart from that I made some new friends this year. I have met some wonderful people because of whom the world seems a better place to live in. One of the resolutions that I made in 2008 was to cull out some time and go to places that I have never been before…TRAVEL!!…I am happy that I have been able to achieve it to a large extent…Some of the places that I traveled to this year include Singapore, Mysore, Coorg, etc. I have invested in a good travel book (the lonely planet India guide) and digi cam…which I think is a pre requisite for anyone who likes traveling. I was browsing through the book yesterday. I am really excited about some of the places that I am planning to explore in 2009.

Would like to sign off with this lovely New Year message
“May each day of the coming year be vibrant and new…bringing along many reasons for celebrations”
HAPPY NEW YEAR…folks
Have a fantastic 2009.

Take care and Keep smiling

No comments: