That is what I am trying to learn to do these days. When I came to Bangalore I was in two minds whether to move in with one of my friends or live independently. I chose the latter because I realised my parents would be shuttling between Mumbai and Bangalore often.
Living alone was something which I looked forward to do when I was in Mumbai. I got to do it only when my parents would not be in town. I would have the entire house to myself and could live the way I wanted to. Preparing the morning coffee & breakfast, managing your laundry, House keeping, cooking your own dinner…and imagine doing many more things like this on your own. We take all this for granted when we live with our parents. Don’t we? We know Mom will take care of these things. Just do the activities mentioned above for one day and you will start realising her importance. You will start appreciating her more.
Living alone has its own advantages. It teaches you to be more independent in life. It prepares for you the worst. Plus you get to call your own shots, you get to set your own rules for living. You feel like “GOD”. Living alone also helps me focus & concentrate much better. I wake up each morning to profound silence. I can actually hear my thoughts when i am at home... which is why perhaps i am able to write many of these blogs.
But its a tough thing to do especially for someone who is used to having people around him all the time. Coming back to an empty house everyday after a tiring days work is not what you are looking for. You need someone to share you frustration with. You need someone simply to talk to.
Living alone was something which I looked forward to do when I was in Mumbai. I got to do it only when my parents would not be in town. I would have the entire house to myself and could live the way I wanted to. Preparing the morning coffee & breakfast, managing your laundry, House keeping, cooking your own dinner…and imagine doing many more things like this on your own. We take all this for granted when we live with our parents. Don’t we? We know Mom will take care of these things. Just do the activities mentioned above for one day and you will start realising her importance. You will start appreciating her more.
Living alone has its own advantages. It teaches you to be more independent in life. It prepares for you the worst. Plus you get to call your own shots, you get to set your own rules for living. You feel like “GOD”. Living alone also helps me focus & concentrate much better. I wake up each morning to profound silence. I can actually hear my thoughts when i am at home... which is why perhaps i am able to write many of these blogs.
But its a tough thing to do especially for someone who is used to having people around him all the time. Coming back to an empty house everyday after a tiring days work is not what you are looking for. You need someone to share you frustration with. You need someone simply to talk to.
Would like to end this blog with two contrasting quotes that i came across
"The right to be let alone is indeed the beginning of all freedom."
"The sum of a man's problems come from his inability to be alone in a silent room"
Bye..Take care
No comments:
Post a Comment