Wednesday, June 11, 2008

“Someone”…Somewhere…is made for you

I was sipping on my café frappe and I saw a couple walk into the shop..hand in hand..with happiness written all over their face. The first thought that crossed my mind was when will I get to walk in with “someone” like that…I realised it won’t be possible unless I get married…

Marriage..one of the greatest institutions founded by man. Regarded as a union between two individuals. People get married for various reasons. The reason which most of them state: they want to start a family…often referred to as “settling down in life”. Over the years marriage has assumed a special importance in our society. People who don’t get married are looked upon down. Now a days it has become a way of showcasing once wealth. Then there is the arranged marriage Vs love marriage concept. The latter is more prominent these days..thanks to people opening up to this idea.. though it was considered a taboo a few years back. I think both forms of marriage are right in their own way. If someone says that how can you marry a person whom you do not love then I would say even if you do not marry someone you love…you can always learn to love that person.

But is marriage necessary? I remember having a conversation with a few of my friends on this subject sometime back. I always believed that life is a long journey and you need “someone” to accompany you on this journey. You need “someone” to spend time with. But you need not be married to that “someone”. You can have a live in relationship with that person and get on with your life. But then one of my friends said there is no commitment in a live in relationship. Well..then there is no guarantee of a commitment in marriage either as there is a concept called divorce.

Do I want to get married? Yes I would want to. The very thought that there exists “someone” all the time with whom I can share the world with, with whom I can share my good times, bad times, who I know will always give me an audience when I speak, who I know will always be waiting for me everyday when I return from work…makes me blush.

(An SMS which I received : The biggest suspense of life: You know the person for whom you are praying…But you never know the person who is praying for you)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

very well written.Also I think why love marraiges are increasing is because now a days the guys and girls interact much more than wht they used to say 10 years back

Arunkiyer said...

thanks...i think more than the interaction..the mindset of people has changed...the gen x is more receptive to the idea of a love marriage

Anonymous said...

yes.. very well written. there will be someone somewhere made for everyone waiting for right moment